Sunday, August 2, 2015

Dark Thoughts And Thieves - Part 8

That last playthrough drained me...

I lost not just my strongest at the time, but my starter. 




I need to cheer up some how...

I first go back to Fennel. If she wants to use that Dream Mist on me, she can go ahead. I am too empty inside to care about what this strange lady will do to me. 



She must have realized that my team is looking a little light, because she gives me a gift. She gives me the C-Gear. This pretty much allows me to play online (which I can't do, as per my rules) and opens up the ability for the Entralink (which I'm still not sure if I will allow myself to use). 

I thank her and I take her gift. I'm still unsure of what use it will be to me... the hole in my heart is not in the shape of a C-Gear, but in the shape of Upstairs and Zkippy...


I slowly stumble my way through Straiton City and onto Route 3.

Something inside of me feels like it is trying to awake. A new place means a new opportunity to catch a new Pokémon, which I desperately need right now. 

Anything to take my mind off the last two...


Before I can reach an area to get a new Pokémon I have to do some battling. This includes my first double battle, which is over before it starts. Butterball's Incinerate takes them both out before they can attack.

After beating the twins I can see some grass!


I run to it, hoping that I may find a new Lillipup to replace the deceased Zkippy... when Cheren blocks my path. He tells me that he wants to fight.

I destroy him without taking damage. I need this Cheren. I need to get into that grass and get a new Pokémon.


I am readying myself to catch something new when Team Plasma blasts past me. Coming up from the rear is a barely jogging Bianca and a little girl. Apparently Team Plasma stole the little girl's Pokémon and they want us to get it back for her. 

Cheren tells me he is going to follow them and wait for them.

All I want is to catch a new Pokémon!

With all that over and done with, can I go?


Thank. You.

I jump into the grass and roll around for a bit until the battle music and screen come on and it is a...


Blitzle! An electric zebra Pokémon. I am okay with this addition. I have Butterball, the weirdo that he is, licks Blitzle a few times and then I through a ball at him and catch the sucker.

The next name on the list of names is Yuko, so I now have Yuko the Blitzle. 

Yuko's a little weak so I get some training under his belt back at the Dreamyard, because those Audinos really speed things up.

After spending some time with Yuko, I'm feeling a little better.

My darkness is slowly ebbing away and I feel less depressed, but I will never forget them. 


Cheren has been waiting patiently for me in front of the cave where the Team Plasmaites are waiting. 

A cave means more Pokémon to catch, which will mean more training. I turn on the television and put on a movie. The only thing that is on at this time of the day was this SyFy channel classic...


Yep... it's about as good as you would expect.

I head into the cave. Cheren sprints forward to confront them with me, but I lag behind. 

We are in Wellspring Cave. This is a new area, which means a new partner for my team. 

(Please be a Zubat. Please be a Zubat. Please be a Zubat)

I run around in circles hoping to find my favorite cave Pokémon and...



It's a Roggenrola! These guys actually aren't too shabby, but to fully evolve they need to be traded... this may be a little annoying to do. I catch the little guy and name him Amasya. 

He's pretty weak and I want him to learn a good Rock or Ground move, so off to train the little pebble.


Audino were not showing up so it took a little longer than I wanted it to take, plus I trained Yuko a little more as well. 

Back to Wellspring Cave to fight off Team Plasma. 

Cheren and I fight off the first one easy. Then as we are about to take the Pokémon back, two more show up!


Cheren and I team up for these two and double battle our way to an easy victory.

With Team Plasma beaten to a pulp we get the Pokémon back!

But Cheren decides that he wants to take all the credit and takes the Pokémon back to the girl and Bianca leaving me alone in the cave.

At least I have some new Pokémon on my team and they make me happy. 


My Team:


Conch (Purrloin) level 18 - Route 2
Butterball (Pansear) level 18 - Dreamyard
Yuko (Blitzle) level 14 - Route 3
Amasya (Roggenrola) level 14 - Wellspring Cave



The Fallen:

Zkippy (Lillipup) level 15 - Route 1
Upstairs (Oshawott) level 12 - Nuvema Town

No comments:

Post a Comment