Sunday, August 23, 2015

Going Down Deep For Clay - Part 18

It's time to hit up the gym. I just wish that I had some Water/Flying duck or even a really cold ice cream cone to have at my side...



Ghetsis however is blocking the way with an entourage of grunts in his wake. He wants Clay to release the prisoners that he had just gotten from the last post. 

Clay doesn't want to and calls Ghetsis for doing the evil things that they said they were against. Ghetsis tells him that they only steal from wicked people.

That must mean Bianca is evil.


Clay calls him straight out and tell Ghetsis to his face that he is a liar. But for some reason Clay still gives up his prisoners and gives them over to Ghetsis. 

Cheren says that he needs to train more before he can defeat Clay and he runs off. I don't feel the same way and I head inside to to the Gym.

An elevator takes me down into the middle of the earth and there is scaffolding, elevators and trainers everywhere. 


I put Cracker up front. He isn't super strong against Ground, but he should be able to hold his own. 

There is a good chunk of trainers here and Cracker is even able to beat a couple Pokémon himself, which is surprising. 

I finally make it to the final elevator and head even deeper into the gym. I pass layers of dirt and fossils and even a giant metal door that slowly opens up. This doorway leads to Clay's inner chamber of sorts which is filled with crystals and conveyor belts. 


I take a final deep breath and get ready to possibly lose Xanadu...

Let's get it on you cowboy of a Gym Leader.


Clay has three Pokémon. He sends out the first one, which is a Krokorok, just like Xanadu used to be!

Xanadu barely even lets this level 29 Pokémon of Clay's out. One Rock Smash is all it takes and Clay has one less Pokémon.

His next member of his team is a Palpitoad, a Water/Ground-type, that is an evolution of Tympole.


It looks like it has warts growing over its body and they jiggle when it moves. It's rather gross.

I keep Xanadu out, but I need to be careful, because Xanadu is weak to Water. I have Xanadu use Dig, which will be amplified by it being a STAB move and the fact that he is holding Soft Sand. Palpitoad tries to use Bulldoze, but misses because I'm underground and next turn Xanadu doesn't hold back. Clay's second Pokémon goes down.

His third and final Pokémon is ready to come out now and it is a level 31 Excadrill, which is so powerful (if trained correctly) that it is actually banned from lots of online play.


It's a brutal Ground/Steel combo and I know that it is weak to Fighting moves (jeeze, is everything weak against Fighting lately?). I have Xanadu use Rock Smash (which by now Xanadu has been beefed up by two Moxies). Excadrill goes down. 

I just won against a Gym Leader. Using one Pokémon. Never losing life. What... just happened...


I get the Quake Badge!


And I also get the TM for... wait... Clay isn't giving me a TM?!


He tells me to meet him out on Route 6, which is the only place I can go to, so I head on over there.

My Team:

Xanadu (Sandile) level 42 - Desert Resort
Catapult (Trubbish) level 22 - Route 5
Shorty (Minccino) level 20 - Route 16
Odessa (Yamask) level 23 - Relic Castle
Cracker (Foongus) 27 - Route 6


The Fallen:

Dexxter (Vanillite) level 30 - Cold Storage
Tumbles (Ducklett) level 29 - Driftveil Bridge
Conch (Liepard) level 34 - Route 2
Zkippy (Lillipup) level 15 - Route 1
Upstairs (Oshawott) level 12 - Nuvema Town
Butterball (Pansear) level 18 - Dreamyard
Yuko (Blitzle) level 15 - Route 3
Amasya (Roggenrola) level 18 - Wellspring Cave
Flathead (Timburr) level 17 - Pinwheel Forest
Woodrow (Scraggy) level 30 - Route 4


Cannot Catch At These Areas
Lostlorn Forest

No comments:

Post a Comment