Thursday, August 6, 2015

A Normal Scavenger Hunt For Lenora - Part 10

I am emotionally drained... there is little to no hope left for this playthrough...

I should just give up...



But I only have one Pokémon left. Conch is quick and fast, but not much else, plus it has a pretty poor moveset. It is a Pokémon that won't take me to the end... I should have saved Amasya...


All I can do is train though... or lose...


Okay... I'll try. 

I train. I train so hard that Conch gets strong enough to evolve from a Purrloin to a Liepard.


That isn't enough. I train it even more.Conch goes from level 19 to level 30. Conch even learns Fake Out, which makes fighting Fighting-types a little easier.

Training is now a chore, even the Audino in Pinwheel Forest are giving it barely anything. 

I decide to give the Gym a try. If Conch can't do this now, I doubt I ever can.

I head into the Gym, which turns out to be a museum. A guy named Hawkes shows me around; a pretty stone, a metorite and even a Dragonite skeleton.


At the end of the tour Hawkes reveals that his wife is actually the Leader and that the Gym is in the back of the museum. 

I head into the back and it's a library. I find out that I have to solve a scavenger hunt to get to her. I fight the trainers here and my massive Conch tears through them with no remorse. 

I eventually reveal the entrance to the Nacrene City Gym under a bookshelf.


I head downstairs and take a deep breath. There is no going back.

I begin the battle with Lenora.

This is a serious post. So let's get down to the Gym Leader battle.

She sends out a level 18 Herdier.



Zkippy would have evolved into this eventually...

I have no choice and send out Conch. Conch gets hit with Herdier's Intimidate off the bat, and it lowers her Attack. Great start...

Conch uses a Fake Out, which is a huge hit, but not a KO. Herdier of course flinches. Fake Out can no longer be used for this battle, so it's up to the remaining three moves. Pursuit, Fury Swipes and Sand Attack. Conch uses Pursuit and Herdier counters with a Take Down, which would have KO'ed it, but it missed. Lenora uses a Super Potion fully healing her pup. I have Conch use Pursuit again and again. I would have selected it a third time, but Herdier went down.


She sends out her final Pokémon. A level 20 Watchog.


I remembered Lenora having this Pokémon so I was able to plan accordingly, which I will reveal in a moment.

Conch has to stay out as she is the only Pokémon I have. I use Pursuit. Lenora uses Leer. I use Pursuit again. Lenora uses the move that will end me... Hypnosis. 

As long as it doesn't hit me...

It does...


Or at least... 

That's what it would have been if I didn't let Conch hold a Chesto Berry before the battle started. Conch uses it and wakes up right away. Lenora is already in the red and Conch uses a third and final Pursuit.

Lenora's final Pokémon goes down and...

I win.

I won with just Conch.

We got the Basic Badge!


She also gives me a fairly strong TM for Retaliate, but Conch is too quick to have it work properly.

I'm so stunned that I succeeded that I almost don't notice that Hawkes has come into the Gym to tell his wife that Team Plasma is here...

My Team:



Conch (Liepard) level 30 - Route 2



The Fallen:

Zkippy (Lillipup) level 15 - Route 1
Upstairs (Oshawott) level 12 - Nuvema Town
Butterball (Pansear) level 18 - Dreamyard
Yuko (Blitzle) level 15 - Route 3
Amasya (Roggenrola) level 18 - Wellspring Cave
Flathead (Timburr) level 17 - Pinwheel Forest

No comments:

Post a Comment