Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Three Funny Stories - Part 9

With new teammates in tow I turn on the movie Nightcrawler, which a ton of people have been recommending to me as of late (and by as of late I mean over the last year).



I've been watching it for a little bit and I do indeed like it in all of its super dark glory.

I start off the playthrough with a trainer battle and continue to head further down Route 3. I run into Cheren however, even though he just jacked the Pokémon we rescued to take all of the credit himself...


Even though I'm a bit upset over the fact that he stole the limelight from me, he does talk about the tall grass that he is in and the fact that it can have different Pokémon in it. 

I blow by him and fight a few more trainer fights leveling up my Pokémon as I go.

Eventually, me and my party make it into Nacrene City!

In Nacrene City there is a new Gym so I better gear up and get ready, but there is an area near by that has new Pokémon to catch! So I want to head there before I head to the Gym.

But first... Cheren interrupts me. He then drags me to the Pokémon Center and slings me some super useful Chesto Berries. Then of them as something like this...


They can be held by a Pokémon and used to wake them up if they fall asleep. Super useful.

He also tells me that the next Gym is a Normal-type gym. That is something that will come in handy, especially with a new member like Amasya. 

I explore the city before heading to the next area. There really isn't anything to find here, but I do end up finding a person who gives me a Mystic Water (a hold item that boosts Water-type attacks) and I find a Revive as well, which is useless to me in this playthrough. 


I then head over to Pinwheel Forest. This place is special. It has an outside and an inside, but both are technically the same area. I remember that the inside is mostly Bug-types, but I cannot recall what the outside has most of... so I decide to get a new teammate from the outside. 

Little did I know at the time that I wouldn't even be able to get one from the inside until after I beat the Gym. 


I slowly start making my way through trainers and even score a TM for Rock Smash which will be super helpful in the next Gym. I immediately teach it to Amasya. 

After all that I finally see some grass and head directly into it.

The first Pokémon to appear is...


It's a Timburr! It's a Fighting-type so this will help SO much in the next Gym. I catch it and cross off the next nickname on the list... Flathead.

Really?! It actually kind of works! He has a flat head!



I head further into the outside portion of Pinwheel forest and start to realize a lot of these trainers have Fighting-types. It's becoming evident that this is going to be a difficult area to train... especially since I have two Pokémon that are weak against Fighting here...

For example.

I go to a trainer that has a level 16 Timburr and I send out Yuko first. Yuko gets a Shock Wave off first, but gets hit with a massive critical hit Low Kick. I switch it out, because it won't kill it in one hit. I switch in Butterball to take it out...

The enemy Timburr had Rock Throw up its nonexistent sleeves...



Great, I lost my Fire-type, but Flathead is able to take it out.

Or how about that time while training in the grass, when I came across a Sawk.


They're rare in the area and pretty much full of Speed and Attack, which is pretty dangerous. 

I send out Flathead and before he can attack Sawk hits him with a Double Kick and...

So I send out Yoku to help me run away from it, but I can't escape. Isn't that funny?



So Yoku gets hit by a Double Kick as well, bringing it down to just above half health. He can take another if he has to, which is what he needs because I fail to run away yet a second time!

And then, Yuko gets hit by a critical hit Double Kick!


I send out Amasya and it finally allows me to run away.


If you aren't having any fun yet... hold onto your butts, cause I have a third story about the training. It happens right after I bury the deceased!

I go to fight the last few trainers in the area, you know, because I need to train my team of Conch and Amasya, both of which are weak to Fighting-types. 

I go to the Gym, I figure some training there won't hurt at all, but before I can head inside, N blocks my path. He tells me some stuff, but I'm just so ecstatic of the last few battles that I ignore him and even forget that I'm fighting him.

N has three Pokémon. I send out Conch he sends out a Pidove. 


The Pidove goes down in one hit!

He then sends out a Tympole.


Another easy one to take down, but it does injure Conch a smidge before it goes down.

The final Pokémon this trainer has is a Timburr. 

I know it will kill Conch in one hit so I send out Amasya to take a hit and try and kill it. Amasya has Sturdy, which means it can't be killed in one hit.

She goes out and takes a Leer! I'll win this! The Headbutt she gives takes down the Timburr to half health. Another Headbutt should kill it. I get Amasya gets Low Kicked and is brought into the low yellow, that's not bad, but another will kill her. I use another Headbutt and...

Timburr lives.

If you can't see where this is going you should.


....


My Team:



Conch (Purrloin) level 19 - Route 2



The Fallen:

Zkippy (Lillipup) level 15 - Route 1
Upstairs (Oshawott) level 12 - Nuvema Town
Butterball (Pansear) level 18 - Dreamyard
Yuko (Blitzle) level 15 - Route 3
Amasya (Roggenrola) level 18 - Wellspring Cave
Flathead (Timburr) level 17 - Pinwheel Forest

No comments:

Post a Comment