Saturday, August 8, 2015

Team Plasma Is A Real Pebble In My Shoe - Part 11

Still in a daze, after beating the Gym Leader, the dramatic music playing snaps me out of it. 

Hawkes is telling his wife, Lenora, that Team Plasma is trying to steal the obvious Dragonite skeleton, except it seems like they don't even know that it is a Dragonite...



We all run upstairs and after Team Plasma and the museum people argue for a bit they throw out a smokescreen and disappear with the Dragonite skeleton head. For some reason they keep calling it the black-dragon. 

Wrong Japanese game kiddos.


We all run outside after them and are interrupted by a new person. After introductions are made I find out his name is Burgh and that he is the Castelia City Gym Leader.


He looks a bit like a hippy to me...

Bianca and Cheren are soon with us as well, but I couldn't care less.

Lenora orders Cheren and Bianca to stay at the museum and stand guard or something. Lenora goes off one way and Burgh and I head towards Pinwheel Forest.

Bianca however gives me a Dowsing Machine before we head off, but I barely even use this thing anyways.

Burgh and I run into the forest, which is now open for me to explore. I can't catch anything here though so it is just experience for Conch.


It's dark and gloomy inside and I'm still sort of kicking myself for allowing Conch to live, but so far she is doing a fine job. 

Burgh and I split up and I start running into Team Plasma and other trainers. Including two twins who won't battle me unless I have two Pokémon.


I cut through Team Plasma as I find them and eventually corner the person who has the Dragonite Skull. 

Suddenly an elderly fellow named Gorm (whatkindanameisthat) comes out of nowhere and starts spouting nonsense. He says that he's trying to save Pokémon and that he is one of the Seven Sages, which I know for a fact that he isn't because I've played Zelda.


Lenora and Burgh also join me to berate them, but they vanish and Lenora is upset that we let them go, but oh well, too late.

I give Lenora the skull and she gives me a Moon Stone and Burgh wishes me luck and hopes to see me soon at his Gym.

Pinwheel Forest is done for me so I head to the gate towards Castelia City and inside someone gives me a Quick Claw, which should come in handy later one while training new Pokémon... (if I ever get to any)...

Conch and I cross Skyarrow Bridge, which is super pretty, but has nothing on it, but all that that means is we are finally in Castelia City.


I don't want to head to the Gym yet, but I begin to explore, but during my exploration I remember that some of the buildings actually have trainers in them so I head out of the city and towards Route 4.

Route 4 is a new area, which means...

I run into the closest area to hopefully catch something that isn't Dark-type...


It's a Scraggy. It's a Dark-Fighting-type...

Great, another thing weak against Fighting, just like Conch.

I don't even weaken it, I'm too scared that Conch will kill it. So I throw a ball and catch it first try.

I name him Woodrow. And I need to train him.

I take him back to the outside of Pinwheel Forest and train him with Audino. It jacks his level pretty quickly from 17 to 21. He's getting strong quickly and his Moxie is a great help with Trainers.


I then go off to explore the city as quickly as possible. I fight lots of trainers boosting both Conch and Woodrow a little. I get an Amulet Coin for more cash, Conch gets a well needed massage, I get a Scope Lens, Exp. Share (which I cannot use in this playthrough), TMs for Flash and Rest, a free Lemonade and a handful of different Pokeballs.

I made out pretty good and feel confident enough to go train in the gym. 

I head over to Burgh's Gym when he suddenly comes running out and asks me to follow him to fight Team Plasma. 

I won't say no to more training.


I follow him and find out that Bianca had her Munna stolen from her by Team Plasma. She's also with a girl named Iris.


Suddenly a Team Plasma grunt comes over and says out loud that he was hoping to steal more so we chase him down to a secret location... aka... the building across the street from the Pokémon gym. 

Burgh and I split up the grunts, he took on two of them and I took on one. Woodrow tore through them all without breaking a sweat. The defeated grunts run inside as Iris and Bianca finally come over to us, with Iris making an excuse that she got lost in the city. 

We head inside and Ghetsis is inside with two old guys and all the grunts. He spouts some nonsense and talks to one of the "sages" named Bronius...

Bronius? That sounds like a fake name -- oh. There are real people named Bronius.


So these so called Team Plasma Sages talk for a bit and Burgh gives it right back to them, but I'm not really paying attention. 

Mainly because I just realized that Dark-types are also weak against Bug-types. 

Burgh is a Bug-type Gym leader. I may be in a bit of a pickle.


Without warning everyone leaves and Iris is telling Bianca she more or less is going to be her friend if she likes it or not and drags her into the city (only after giving me some Yache Berries) and Burgh tells me he wants to fight me now.

I save for the day, because all that I really have left is to fight him...

My Team:



Conch (Liepard) level 31 - Route 2
Woodrow (Scraggy) level 23 - Route 4


The Fallen:

Zkippy (Lillipup) level 15 - Route 1
Upstairs (Oshawott) level 12 - Nuvema Town
Butterball (Pansear) level 18 - Dreamyard
Yuko (Blitzle) level 15 - Route 3
Amasya (Roggenrola) level 18 - Wellspring Cave
Flathead (Timburr) level 17 - Pinwheel Forest












No comments:

Post a Comment