Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Burgh Is Clowning Around - Part 12

There is honey everywhere, when I first walk into the gym.



You thought I was kidding, didn't you?

I have to actually physically walk through these walls of honey to reach switches which unlock gates for more honey walls to get through.

It's all rather strang--

What was that?

Did I see what I thought I saw?

Oh no... it was... it was... a bunch of...


CLOWNS!

The trainers in this gym are all clowns!

I fight through the first one just to get away as fast as I can!


AH! NO!
I need to finish this gym ASAP.
A clown just appeared in front of me in a cloud of glitter. I beat him and run away!


GAH! GO AWAY!
I run to the next switch and another clown in a puff of glitter! I practically smack away his bug Pokémon myself just to continue on.


IwannagohomeIwannagohomeIwannagohome
Only one more switch to go and... he just came out of no where! Another clown!
WHY?


The door is open to the leader. I'm done! That's it. I run straight to Burgh to beat into him that clowns are not friends. 

But as I start to walk to Burgh I get nervous. I only have Dark-type and they are weak to Bug. I decide that I need to train Woodrow more. He's only level 23. 

I run back to Pinwheel, checking over my should lots of times for clowns and I level up with Audino. 

After a decent amount of time. I feel confident. Woodrow is now level 30.

Back to the gym and Burgh, but first to avoid the clowns... if I can...


It is now officially time to fight Burgh.

He sends out Whirlipede level 21, which is a fast Poison-Bug.


I send out Conch who gets off an Assurance (completely forgetting he has the free hit of a Fake Out) before Whirlipede let's a Poison Tail rip. Conch is able to send another Assurance its way and it is knocked out.

Conch grows to level 32!

Next up is the adorable Dwebble at level 21 as well.


This is a good time to send out Woodrow and use his Moxie to our advantage. Woodrow gets off a Brick Break and Dwebble uses Struggle Bug, which lowers Woodrow's Special Attack. That's fine, he doesn't even have any special attacks. He gets off another Brick Break, which gets rid of Dwebble and activates his Moxie, boosting his attack.

Burgh has only one Pokémon left. It is his Leavanny at level 23, this is a Grass-Bug, which is a strange combo, but it's pretty strong.


I keep out Moxie'd Woodrow and go for a Headbutt, but Leavanny Protects itself. I send him in for another Headbutt, but Leavanny is faster and gets off a Razor Leaf before I can do anything. I use another Headbutt this time Quick Claw activates and I hit him first, it makes him flinch! Burgh uses a Hyper Potion at this point and I throw out another Headbutt. A Razor Leaf cuts into Woodrow, but his health is still looking okay, he gets off yet another Headbutt. Burgh uses his last Hyper Potion, which is fine with me and I get a free Headbutt. Leavanny uses Protect against another Headbutt. Quick Claw activates this time and Headbutt gets through. One more and it should do it as long as Leavanny doesn't hit me with a critical -- 


...Conch comes in a sweeps up the mess...

Woodrow lies dead on the floor of the gym, but because of him and his many Headbutts...

Conch and I won the TM for Struggle Bug and the Insect Badge...


I leave the gym to bury Woodrow when Bianca calls me to fight on Route 4...

This game is can't be much longer...

My Team:



Conch (Liepard) level 32 - Route 2


The Fallen:

Zkippy (Lillipup) level 15 - Route 1
Upstairs (Oshawott) level 12 - Nuvema Town
Butterball (Pansear) level 18 - Dreamyard
Yuko (Blitzle) level 15 - Route 3
Amasya (Roggenrola) level 18 - Wellspring Cave
Flathead (Timburr) level 17 - Pinwheel Forest
Woodrow (Scraggy) level 30 - Route 4




No comments:

Post a Comment