Friday, July 31, 2015

Don't Accept Candy From Strangers - Part 7

After beating the first Pokémon Gym I'm interrupted by a lady in a lab coat. She introduces herself as Fennel.


She mentions Professor Juniper and that she has to show me something in her room. I'm only like a twelve year old boy, this is totally inappropriate!

When we get into the room Fennel gets a little too close to me... my stranger danger senses are tingling. Next thing I know is that she will be offering me a drink or even free candy...


Fennel says that she went to college with Professor Juniper and she throws me a free HM 01, which contains Cut. This is seeming stranger and stranger as it goes on.

She tells me that I have to get something called Dream Mist from a Pokémon called Munna.


I know these Pokémon are all about putting things to sleep. So this lady takes me to her bedroom, bribes me with free stuff and then is trying to drug me with Pokémon dust?

It seems like I have no choice... I go back to the Dreamyard, where I received Butterball. 

When I head back inside I go straight for the tree that I have to use Cut on, I teach Cut to Butterball. 

Before I get a chance to proceed Bianca creeps up on me. She joins me for the time being and suddenly we hear a noise coming from the opposite side of a broken down wall. 

We turn the corner and see a Munna!

But those creepy alien Team Plasma people appear...


They begin kicking and punching the Munna demanding it to give them Dream Mist. 

I'm getting a feeling that this game is a little darker than the others. I'm about to be date raped by a scientist, alien people beat Pokémon and then say that they want to release them from the tyranny of humans.


They continue to beat the Munna while saying that they are doing it for the benefit of Pokémon around the world. 

Then they attack me, while Bianca sits in the corner and cries that I'll be hurt, but the battle that ensues is way to easy for me. After I win one the other thinks her teammate went easy on me because I'm a child. 



I beat her too.

After winning between the two of them they start beating the poor little Munna again! I'm starting to get a little angry...


Out of thin air Ghetsis appears and begins to make a speech that barely even makes sense to my twelve year old ears, but it unnerves the two Team Plasmas. Then another Ghetsis appears! I'm even more confused than ever. Then the two disappear and another Ghetsis appears behind them and scares them off.


A Mushama appears from around a corner, it's the evolved form of Munna.


It hypnotized them. 

Fennel comes up from the other side of the wall and asks what happened. Bianca tries and fails to explain, but Fennel is too nice to call her a moron. Fennel then completely ignores everything and starts to explain that Dream Mist actually makes a person's dreams reality...

Then she just stops and walks over to where the Pokémon used to be and finds Dream Mist. 

And she runs off to her lab.

Bianca says she wants a Munna so she's gunna stick around to find one. That's so far the smartest thing she's ever said.

I take a look at the grass and think it will be great to train there so I crack my knuckles and run into some shaky grass. 

It's an Audino, amazing experience from these things. Training will be a breeze here.


I start off by training Zkippy. He will be a good Pokémon once he evolves with some good bite moves. He evolves at 16 so let's get him there for my first evolution.

I keep training and Zkippy is getting a little weaker each time. Then while fighting an Audino the unthinkable happens...

Double-Slap.

Five times. 

Two critical hits.

Zkippy goes from yellow. To red. To...


I'm upset. I was excited to use Lillipup, mainly because I've never used it and it eventually evolves into a Stoutland.


It's a big hit, but I can deal with it... I go off to train a bit more.

Upstairs also evolves at 16 so I go off to train him.

Audino are no longer appearing so I head into the grass and start fighting common lesser experience things. Like Patrat.

So sometimes I have to fight Patrat.

During a battle with a Patrat I get it down to about a third of its life, while it is using Bide. Then as I use Water Gun to finish it off... it somehow misses and Bide lets go.

For those of you who don't know, Bide stores energy depending on how much life it loses. Which means Upstairs gets hit with a massive attack and...


...

*sighs*

I'm done for now.

My Team:

Conch (Purrloin) level 18 - Route 2
Butterball (Pansear) level 17 - Dreamyard



The Fallen:

Zkippy (Lillipup) level 15 - Route 1
Upstairs (Oshawott) level 12 - Nuvema Town


No comments:

Post a Comment