Monday, July 27, 2015

To The Dreamyard I Go! - Part 5

I start this playthrough while watching a horror movie called "Would You Rather?", which has the awesome Jeffery Combs in it, which is the only reason why I am watching it.




But in the meantime, I am on Route 2.

Route 2 means a brand new Pokémon to add to my party!


Let's a-go!

Ring... ring...



I pick up my XTransceiver and it's my mom. And she NEEDS to talk to me, but then she hangs up.


Leaving me confused I hang up and there she is... stalking me from the entrance of the route. She runs over to me, much more quickly than I can run and she gives me running shoes. 

She explains that I can now run. Hallelujah! The game will start to go more quickly now as I can run at the speed of running shoes!


She then shuffles off back towards home and now I can finally go catch a new Pokémon. 

I head off into the first patch of grass and walk around until I run into a Lillipup. I already have one and the rules state that I have the ability to skip the first  Pokémon if I already have a living one. SO I do just that.

I skip it and walk around in circles until I run into the next random encounter...


Oooh! It's a Purrloin, just like the one that N had previously. These are nice little speedy attackers, and the fact that they're a Dark-type also helps. 

I tackle it and ball it up. I now have a Purrloin. 

I name it Conch, which is the next name on the list of names that people have given me. 

I realize that Conch is a little weak at the moment so I train her up a little, especially after it nearly dies in one hit against a Patrat, which critcal hits it down into the red.

After some brief training, I run into the first official trainer battle. 

His name is Jimmy and he has a level 7 Patrat. 

Conch takes it out with a few Scratch attacks.


I fight through a few more trainers and then suddenly Bianca comes running up to me. 

She challenges me to a battle. 

She still has her Tepig, which has barely leveled and a newly obtained Patrat. I take them both out without much of a hassle and she turns around and runs back the way she came. 

I guess Bianca used Run.


That was  Pokémon humor, folks.

After beating her to a pulp, me and my team of three are now in Striaton City


This is where the first gym battle will be, but I don't feel confident to take the Gym Leader on yet. I'll explain why later.

I explore the city and get a free item or two in the process, but nothing to write home about. 

I do however find Cheren in the school and he decides he wants to fight me again.

So we battle!



Cheren has his Snivy (barely trained) and a newly captured Purrloin.

This was just as easy as Bianca. My rivals are wimps this time around. I even inadvertently bully him into giving me a few Oran Berries, which will be helpful in the early game, but not for long.

After that the whole city, sans the Gym has been explored. I still don't feel confident in trying to take on the Gym so I head off to the right of the city into the Dreamyard.

The Dreamyard has a few trainers and some new teamates to obtain. I first go through and fight all the trainers and then realize something...

I can't capture a  Pokémon here until I beat the Gym.


I'm about to leave the area when suddenly a person waves me over to them. I head over quietly and they offer me a  Pokémon. Because I chose an Oshawott in the beginning of the game this person is offering me a new 'mon of the opposite type. Fire.

This could be helpful, I think to myself, Fire-types are more of a mid-late game catch and having one this early could be helpful. 

I take it, which counts as catching a creature in this area.

Welcome, Pansear.


Butterball is his name and he will be crucial in the Gym fight. 

Remember how I told you I would explain why I didn't want to go into the Gym yet? That's because depending on your first  Pokémon the Gym changes. The change it goes through is that it will be a Gym Leader with  Pokémon that are strong against your starter type. Which means this Gym will have a Grass Gym Leader.

It's time to train before we head inside.

My Team:


Upstairs (Oshawott) level 11 - Nuvema Town
Zkippy (Lillipup) level 10 - Route 1
Conch (Purrloin) level 10 - Route 2
Butterball (Pansear) level 10 - Dreamyard








No comments:

Post a Comment