Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Time To Settle Our Choices Politely - Part 2

With Part 1 out of the way with the introductions let me begin.

Up on the D-Pad, B Button, Select... that's all it takes to erase an old save and to see this screen.

And after hitting New Game is when we see the Professor of this game.

Juniper.


She is the first female Professor we have seen in the franchise, so this is a big deal.

Professor Juniper...


...Comes out in typical Pokémon fashion. She explains the world of Pokémon and then proceeds to ask questions about the player. 

This brings up the first of many choices that will be decided by fate.

She asks if I am a boy or a girl. Of course I don't recall, so I have to roll a die for it.

If it is a one through three, I shall be born a man. If it comes up as a four through six, bring on the womanhood.

I am a...


...Dude! Last time I was a lovely lady, now I can rock out with my... nevermind.

Next to choose is my name. The area to type it in is less than it is in the previous Nuzlocke playthrough I participated in, so this time I go classic. I name him what the game is named. I name him Black. 

With that she continues to talk as I continue to mash the A button.


The game is now officially starting to actually begin, but before that I turn on a television show to keep on in the background. Like the last Nuzlocke I shall let everyone in on the entertainment I consume while playing.

I am watching Wayward Pines today and I am two episodes behind. 



I'm watching it for two reasons; one, it's supposed to only be ten episodes long and I love mini-series... and two, it looked a lot like Twin Peaks and I adore everything about that show. Including the fact that it's being continued and should be coming out soon andimsoexcitedsqueeeeeeee.

Anyways, let's continue. 

I'm in my bedroom with one of my rivals in the game. His name is Cheren, everyone say hi to Cheren.


Him and I are waiting for the second rival to show up so we can open a large present,which is on my desk.

Suddenly, the other rival appears. Her name is Bianca, no one say hi to her, because she made us wait to open this present.


After Cheren chews out Bianca a little it is finally time to start our Nuzlocke journey.

There is a letter on the present from Professor Juniper. It tells us that there are Pokémon inside for each of us and that we should "settle our choice politely". I am already running to the present even when Cheren tells me I should choose first since it is my room.

Inside are three Pokémon:


Oshawott the Otter Pokémon. Snivy the Leaf Snake. And Tepig the Pig. 

Each of these are decent Pokémon, especially with Tepig and his brute force and Fire/Fighting later on.

Since this is a choice it is time to roll. I set the dice up like this. 1-2 I take Snivy, 3-4 Tepig for me, 5-6 I snag Oshawott.

I roll the dice and score a...


Oshawott! I'm okay with that. I text a friend to name him, but he's taking a long time. I continue the game remembering that I cannot nickname the newest little guy... at least not yet.

Bianca then runs up to the present and takes hers without even talking to Cheren. She then throws Cheren the last Pokémon, he gets Snivy.

Cheren is a little upset, but in the end he mellows out, mainly because he wanted Snivy all along. 

Then Bianca has the nerve to ask me to battle. Uh... we are still in my bedroom...

And we're off. Bianca sends out her Tepig and I send out Oshawott.

It's not even close. Oshawott uses Tackle four times and wins.


The battle is over and... MY ROOM IS A MESS!


She is, however, completely oblivious to what has happened. 

Cheren even chimes in to berate her, "You... are completely hopeless."

You tell her, Cheren! She totaled my room...

Somehow Cheren let his mind get twisted by Bianca and he is now battling me in my room.


Is it just me, or is Cheren doing the Charles Xavier from X-Men?


They are a little too similar...

So another battle begins, this one still ending after I do four tackles.

And Oshawott hits level 6!

If those battles were any indication as to what the rest of the game will be this will be a cake walk.

Cheren then proceeds to get a little too sentimental and talks about how he is now a true trainer. I feel like I was his first time. I feel like I should be honored. 

But they run downstairs to apologize to my mother and Cheren wants to meet me at the Lab and Bianca needs to go home for a quick bit. 

I guess this is as good as any time to bring this post to a close.

My Team:

Oshawott (Oshawott) level 6 - Nuvema Town



No comments:

Post a Comment