Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Cilan, Chili, Cress: Brothers in Food - Part 6

I stand outside the Pokémon Gym. 

There is a green haired dude blocking my path. He tells me that he is one of the Gym Leaders here and welcomes me to come inside and fight him. I enter the gym and I am immediately bombared from another fellow who tells me a little bit about the gym and gives me a Fresh Water.




It's nothing special, but it can help later on. I take it and head off into the gym.



In the gym there are three symbols on the floor. Each represent a Pokémon type. I must know what type is strong against another. I know what is so I answer, which then has me fight a trainer afterwards.

I fight the trainer which nearly kills Conch. I realize that if Conch is struggling here, that she will have trouble later on in the Gym. So I run off and train her and Zkippy a little bit more. 

After they each level up, I run back into the gym.

After fighting the second trainer, I didn't struggle as much, but it still feels like my team is too weak. 


No, Thomas... I don't. So I head off to train a bit more. 

During my training I turn on Gurren Lagann...


It's a short lived series, but I've heard good things. Plus it's pretty funny... most of the time... curse you Gurren Lagann for the episode I'm about to watch!

Anyways I train up while giant robots fight on the television, until I feel good about my team.

I head BACK into the gym and meet up with the Gym Leaders.


Chili the redhead uses Fire-types. Cress the blue-haired uses Water-types. Cilan, the one who was blocking me from entering before, has green hair and uses Grass-types.

Depending on the starter Pokémon I chose at the beginning they will use the type that is stronger. In this case it means I will be fighting Cilan. 

I take a deep breath and...

We start the first Gym Battle.

Cilan sends out a level 12 Lillipup. I send out my Upstairs. Lillipup uses Work Up, to boost its attack and special attack. Upstairs follows up with a Water Gun. It takes it down a little more than a quarter. Lillipup Bites my Upstairs, while Upstairs unleashes another Water Gun. This happens one more time. 

Lillipup is in the red and Upstairs won't last another hit. Normally a Gym Leader will heal when it gets this low, so I use this opportunity to switch in another teammate. 

I send in my own Lillipup, Zkippy. We continue to bite each other back and forth dealing about the same damage, until Cilan's Lillipup uses Work Up, which gives me a free hit. His Lillipup goes down and Upstairs ends up growing another level!

So far so good...


Cilan has one last Pokémon, but it's the one that will give us a hassle. He sends out his Grass-type...

Pansage.


It's level 14, making it a higher level than any of mine. This isn't good.

I switched out Zkippy to send in Conch. I have a plan, don't worry. 

Cilan uses Work Up, but I use Sand Attack. I get ready to use another Sand Attack, but he gets off a Vine Whip first, it takes me down to barely above half health. I get off the Sand Attack, lowering his accuracy again, but... Vine Whip has a high critical hit ratio... I play it safe and send in Cilan's nightmare. 


Butterball rolls in and is lucky, because Cilan has his Pansage use another Work Up, boosting his Pokémon's attack. I get ready to use an Incinerate, but he gets off another Work Up. With him powering up this much, I may be in a lot of trouble... the Incinerate hits and we both use the same attack again.

All that it would probably take is Pansage to use Scratch on Butterball, but...

He uses another Work Up!

This is it! I use Incinerate! I watch his health drop... drop... in the red... and it stops with barely less than a sliver.

I  don't want to take any chances. I pick to use Incinerate again... uh oh... Cilan used Vine Whip. I feel tears already dropping on my cheeks and watch as... Butterball takes the hit like a champ! It doesn't even drop him halfway. 

Butterball torches Cilan's Pansage.


I won the first Gym Battle!

Hooray for me!

Cilan gives me a TM for Work Up and the Trio Badge!


I walk out of the Gym with my head held high and a smile on my face. This Nuzlocke is looking pretty simple so far!




My Team:



Upstairs (Oshawott) level 12 - Nuvema Town
Zkippy (Lillipup) level 12 - Route 1
Conch (Purrloin) level 11 - Route 2
Butterball (Pansear) level 11 - Dreamyard


No comments:

Post a Comment