Saturday, September 19, 2015

Victory Road: The Beginning of My End - Part 31

Victory Road lies in wait ahead of me.


This is a scary place. Trainers will now have balanced teams and there will be a lot of them. The trail is long with lots of Pokémon appearing. 

I take a deep breath...


... and head inside. 

In the first area of Victory Road I don't run into a single Pokémon, so I head up the stairs and into the next area.

In here I run into a Boldore. I have one, one which is currently on my team. So I'm allowed to skip it and wait for the next.

The next is a Vullaby, this has never happened before... the rules say I can skip the first Pokémon
 I encounter if I already own it, but the first two I've run into I not only have, but currently have both on my team. 


After a moments deliberation I decide that I will give myself one more chance to find a new Pokémon that I don't have. If it is still another Totts or Pumprnickl then so be it. 

I head into the next area and take a single step forward and a Pokémon appears. I'm ready to catch it no matter what.


It's a Deino! It's a Dark/Dragon-type. I'm annoyed that it is part Dark like everything on my team seems to be again, but Dragons are super strong Pokémon. I catch the little level 39 Dragon and name him Wallace. 

I teach Pumprnickl Fly and head back to a Pokémon center to heal and to snag Deino out of my PC.

After heading back to Victory Road I start running into a lot of Durant. 


These aren't horrible... ah... who am I kidding? I'm ecstatic that I didn't catch one. Licky tears through these Steel/Bug-types with no problem. 

Deino steadily gets some decent training as I head further up the Road. I have to heal a few times out of battle and one time I accidentally used a Rare Candy on Xanadu, which I was saving to use them before the Elite Four, but oh well. 

Then I see him... It's a trainer dressed as a kung-fu character. These have Fighting-types and have been the bane of my existence through both Nuzlocke challenges. 


He sends out a Scrafty. I remember my own Scrafty...

I switch from Wallace to Xanadu, which I know Xana is weak to fighting so when he takes a Hi Jump Kick to the face that knocks him down to about 1/4 of his HP I get a little nervous. 

But I'm fast and ten levels higher with a ton of attack. I attack Scrafty, but... he was faster...

He hits Xanadu with... 


...another Hi Jump Kick...


And my strongest Pokémon's eyes slowly close for the last time...


I need to find a place to fly out of here, but I run into another trainer. It's a doctor. One that after you fight him he becomes a sort of Pokémon Center for you. 

He sends out a Gothirita, which I have Wallace try to Crunch, but the doctor recalls his Pokémon and sends out a Leavanny (like the one that Burgh had so long ago). My Crunch took his leafy bug down to half health. I can take it out.

Leavanny uses an X-Scissor and...


My newest is now among my fallen comrades...


He heals my Pokémon after I have Licky finish him off. He even tries to heal the dead. 

I make my way outside and Fly on Pumprnickl to a center. I bury my dead and fill my team up with Totts and Odessa. 

I make my way back towards the top of Victory Road...

It takes some time, but with most of the trainers defeated and now with Totts knowing Strength I push a few boulders around and make it up much more quickly.

The last trainer to fight is a veteran who owns a Gigalith.


This is ultimately what Totts can become, but I have to trade him to do that, maybe eventually...

I send out Royal to take on this guy, which shouldn't be a problem. I'm nearly 10 levels higher and a Water-type which is strong against Gigalith.

After two hits Gigalith is still standing, but... Royal...


I... I... I have lost two of my three strongest on Victory Road. I even lost a Dragon. How am I supposed to beat the Elite Four now?


My Team:



Racksy (Stunfisk) level 42 - Route 8
Odessa (Cofagrigus) level 40 - Relic Castle
Pumprnickl (Vullaby) level 43 - Route 10
Totts (Boldore) 40 - Twist Mountain
Licky (Chandelure) 52 - Celestial Tower
- - - - 


PC:

Shorty (Minccino) level 40 - Route 16
Chowchow (Liepard) level 33 - Route 9


The Fallen:

Wallace (Deino) level 43 - Victory Road
Xanadu (Krookodile) level 57 - Desert Resort
Royal (Jellicent) level 53- Driftveil City
Bigguns (Joltik) level 35 - Chargestone Cave
Gregford (Swasbuck) level 34 - Dragon Spiral
Cowface (Zebstrika) 46 - Route 7
Catapult (Trubbish) level 30 - Route 5
Cracker (Foongus) 31 - Route 6
Dexxter (Vanillite) level 30 - Cold Storage
Tumbles (Ducklett) level 29 - Driftveil Bridge
Conch (Liepard) level 34 - Route 2
Zkippy (Lillipup) level 15 - Route 1
Upstairs (Oshawott) level 12 - Nuvema Town
Butterball (Pansear) level 18 - Dreamyard
Yuko (Blitzle) level 15 - Route 3
Amasya (Roggenrola) level 18 - Wellspring Cave
Flathead (Timburr) level 17 - Pinwheel Forest
Woodrow (Scraggy) level 30 - Route 4


Cannot Catch At These Areas
Lostlorn Forest

No comments:

Post a Comment