Saturday, September 5, 2015

Somehow Brycen Slips By Me- Part 24

After saying goodbye to Cowface I realize that I am in a new city. Icirrus City. It's currently winter here and there is snow and ice everywhere.



I search around and find a TM for Brick Break. Finally! That's such a great Fighting-move, I've been waiting for it for a while. 


I head onto Route 8 and find a TM for Sludge Bomb and Facade, both are pretty decent moves also, I'm pretty stoked to be gaining a bunch of great moves, especially when I'm in front of the next gym. 

I head towards it to get some training in for my team. 

Icirrus Gym is full of Ice-type trainers and it's a big sliding puzzle to get to the end. 


I slip and slide across the ice and around sharp corners and fighting trainers and... flying over giant gaps across caverns to fight more trainers. It's a pretty dangerous here so when I finally make it to the end of the gym where the leader is...

I decide I should actually fight him instead of going all the way back. 

Hello, Brycen. 



Brycen is the Ice-type gym leader, and Ice-types are pretty gnarly. Usually they are full of quick hits and massive damage that can also freeze a Pokémon. They are also a sort of glass cannon and have a bunch of weaknesses. 



Brycen has three Pokémon and sends out his first. 

Vanillish, which is what Dexxter would have been eventually...



I send out Licky and use a Flame Burst, which melts Brycen's evolved ice cream cone. 

The next one he sends out is a Beartic.


 This one scares me a little bit so I have Licky use Inferno. It's a strong damaging move that automatically burns the opponent, but it only hits 50% of the time. It hits and burns his polar bear. It doesn't however kill it, it only knocks it into the red. He is able to get off a Brine...

Brine is a water move... Licky is super weak against water and...

Licky lives! And BEAR-ly takes any damage. Get it? Because it was a bear...



Anyways, he has one last Pokémon up his sleeve(s?). It's a super fast Crygonal. 



I keep Licky out there to counter it and it gets hit by an Aurora Beam. Licky let's a Flame Burst rip. In the next round the two moves are repeated, but his snowflake melts completely after the second Fire-move and down it goes.

I got the Freeze Badge, that's number seven if you were counting!


He also throws me an okay Ice-move called Freeze Breath. 

I head outside where Bianca and Cheren are waiting to talk to me about how much they changed over our journey. Suddenly Brycen appears and interrupts, but almost immediately after N's ninjas appear. 

This place got crowded real quick...



They tell me that I have to go to Dragon Spiral Tower and then they disappear. Cheren and Bianca and Brycen for some reason all think that the invitation that the ninjas gave to me also was for them and they all run off towards the Tower. 

That leaves me by myself. I head off to Dragon Spiral Tower and that means a new area to catch things. I have a chance to catch a Dragon-type here, which would be extremely useful and since it is winter I also have a good chance at snagging an Ice-type. 

Both would be great. I head into the tall grass and cross my fingers. 


It's a winter Swasbuck. It's a Grass/Normal-type. I catch it and name him Gregford. 

Cedric then stops Bianca and myself and warns us that Team Plasma is at the top of the tower trying to revive a Legendary Dragon. Bianca then admits that she isn't strong enough to fight them, but she wants to be Cedric's bodyguard. 

I wouldn't want a bodyguard that just said they aren't strong...

My Team:


Gregford (Swasbuck) level 34 - Dragon Spiral
Xanadu (Krookodile) level 49 - Desert Resort
Shorty (Minccino) level 35 - Route 16
Totts (Boldore) 29 - Twist Mountain
Licky (Lampent) 47 - Celestial Tower
Bigguns (Joltik) level 35 - Chargestone Cave

PC:

Odessa (Cofagrigus) level 34 - Relic Castle


The Fallen:

Cowface (Zebstrika) 46 - Route 7
Catapult (Trubbish) level 30 - Route 5
Cracker (Foongus) 31 - Route 6
Dexxter (Vanillite) level 30 - Cold Storage
Tumbles (Ducklett) level 29 - Driftveil Bridge
Conch (Liepard) level 34 - Route 2
Zkippy (Lillipup) level 15 - Route 1
Upstairs (Oshawott) level 12 - Nuvema Town
Butterball (Pansear) level 18 - Dreamyard
Yuko (Blitzle) level 15 - Route 3
Amasya (Roggenrola) level 18 - Wellspring Cave
Flathead (Timburr) level 17 - Pinwheel Forest
Woodrow (Scraggy) level 30 - Route 4


Cannot Catch At These Areas
Lostlorn Forest


No comments:

Post a Comment