Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Surfable, Cutable, Strengthable, Backtracable - Part 32

With my team taking a heavy hit I finally make my way out of Victory Road, but not before I hit a final Boldore...

What happens, you may ask?

I defeat it. What were you expecting?



I have a much weaker team now that I lost some of my strongest and most promising. I need to train and/or find some extremely useful Pokémon. 

The best way I can think of to try and redeem myself is to do some backtracking.

Backtracking in Pokémon games generally means that I need to find Surfable, Cutable and Strengthable areas.


I hop onto Pumprnickl and we Fly back to my hometown, which from there I walk along the first route until I find some Surfable water.


While Surfing I notice that I do in fact enter a brand new area!

Welcome to Route 17.

Here I find a new TM for Toxic (which is generally a great move, but in a Nuzlocke it's not that great).


I head back to find my Pokémon I can catch so after diving into the water I run into a...


It's another female Frillish! I miss Royal already so I capture it and name her Triscuit.

I explore some more and find a few more items and even a guy willing to give me a Pokémon Egg, which would have been great if I remembered that there was one here! 

It contains a Larvesta, a Fire/Bug-type that gets nearly legendary stats.


I'm bummed that I missed this guy, but it's too late.

I explore a little more and find an HM for Waterfall and a TM for Thunderbolt, which I immediately teach to Racksy, who is actually getting a ton of experience in this area with all the Surfing.



I eventually run into another new area that is labeled P2 Laboratory, which holds a single item inside a building to evolve a Porygon, which I don't have.

But there is grass outside which I run through and find...


It's a Watchog, which I catch and name her Wags.

There is only one nickname left on my list now as well... so I go in search for a new area.

I come across Route 18, which is right next to Route 17!


I find a TM for Telekinesis and head into the grass. 

I first run into another Watchog, so I give it another shot...

It's a double battle with a Crustle and a Scrafty (Woodrow), what's with me running back into previous Pokémon I had!?



I go to catch Crustle, it gets burned against Licky and I will not stay in its ball. It gets all the way down to the final turn with the Burn and I finally catch the Rock/Bug-type however and name him the final name on the predetermined list of names. Capcom.


With some much needed training under my belt and three new Pokémon to choose from for my team I finally feel a little more at ease.

My Team:



Racksy (Stunfisk) level 45 - Route 8
Odessa (Cofagrigus) level 40 - Relic Castle
Pumprnickl (Vullaby) level 43 - Route 10
Totts (Boldore) 40 - Twist Mountain
Licky (Chandelure) 54 - Celestial Tower
Triscuit (Frillish) level 15 - Route 17


PC:

Wags (Watchog) level 30 - P2 Laboratory
Capcom (Crustle) level 34 - Route 18
Shorty (Minccino) level 40 - Route 16
Chowchow (Liepard) level 33 - Route 9


The Fallen:

Wallace (Deino) level 43 - Victory Road
Xanadu (Krookodile) level 57 - Desert Resort
Royal (Jellicent) level 53- Driftveil City
Bigguns (Joltik) level 35 - Chargestone Cave
Gregford (Swasbuck) level 34 - Dragon Spiral
Cowface (Zebstrika) 46 - Route 7
Catapult (Trubbish) level 30 - Route 5
Cracker (Foongus) 31 - Route 6
Dexxter (Vanillite) level 30 - Cold Storage
Tumbles (Ducklett) level 29 - Driftveil Bridge
Conch (Liepard) level 34 - Route 2
Zkippy (Lillipup) level 15 - Route 1
Upstairs (Oshawott) level 12 - Nuvema Town
Butterball (Pansear) level 18 - Dreamyard
Yuko (Blitzle) level 15 - Route 3
Amasya (Roggenrola) level 18 - Wellspring Cave
Flathead (Timburr) level 17 - Pinwheel Forest
Woodrow (Scraggy) level 30 - Route 4


Cannot Catch At These Areas
Lostlorn Forest

No comments:

Post a Comment